If you’ve followed TLR you’ll know that we love music, and we love the Google Assistant. So it really shouldn’t come as a surprise that we’ve been anxiously waiting for the release of the Google Pixel Bud 2 that Google announced way back in October.
We were itching to hear what people thought about the sound. The first-gen Pixel Buds had extremely mixed reviews that ranged from horrible to great. One of our contributors actually bought a pair of the first generation and I thought the sound was decent for a pair of small Bluetooth earbuds from a company that doesn’t specialize in audio products.
Well, our wait is over the Google Pixel Bud 2 go on sale today starting with the Just White color for $179 which is $40 more than the basic Apple AirPods which isn’t much more than the cheaper throw in Apple headphone with a Bluetooth receiver and a battery. I expect much better sound quality and better fitment from the Pixel Bud 2. They are priced much cheaper compared to the $249 AirPod Pro which is more in line with the headphone the Pixel Buds were designed to compete with.
Side Note: If your looking for another fantastic earbud that can use Alexa and Siri, or Alexa and the Google Assistant check out Amazons Echo buds which cost $129 and can easily compete with the AirPods Pro and Pixel Buds. We reviewed them here. .
We should have the Pixel Buds in for review soon. So check back soon for a detailed review. Until then check out the features below.
- 5-hour battery life per charge, 24 hours with charging from the case
- Adaptive sound that changes according to the environment noise
- Mics that focus on your voice for clear calls in noisy environments
- Touch controls
- A spatial vent that allows in just enough outside sound to stay aware
- Sweat and water-resistant
- Hands-free Google Assistant (Hey Google)
- Real-time language translation
- The case has wireless charging as well as USB type C
- “Find my device” can be used to find misplaced Pixel Bud 2
- 4 Color choices. (only white are available at this time)